Grilled lemon chicken is a light chicken dish packed with tons of flavor from fresh lemon, garlic, oregano, and parsley.
This grilled lemon chicken is by far one of the easiest and fastest meals I’ve thrown together when the dinner-crunch-time has hit. With the change in weather, the majority of our afternoons have been spent outside playing in the water table, sprinklers, riding bikes, or at the park. That means once 5 pm rolls around and it’s time to start making dinner, I’m throwing 3 kids in the bath or shower, and need something fast on the table before moods turn against my favor.
Now usually I try to show a picture of what my toddlers eat when I make a new recipe, but the truth is, only ONE ate any of the grilled lemon chicken last night. I marinated the chicken at lunch, feeling all high and mighty and accomplished, and once I plated their meals at dinner we had quite the scene on our hands. One wanted yogurt. One wanted a quesadilla. And the other? Well, she ate the chicken! While I felt bad not budging and considered the thought that I would be sending my boys to bed hungry, I just didn’t want to give in. This grilled chicken was flavorful, mild, and moist. All the things my kids like in protein options. SO THIS MOMMA STOOD HER GROUND.
Truth is I think the most recent dinnertime meltdowns have been because the boys are just SO tired, especially since there is zero napping in their day and lots of extra outdoor activities. I’m just as wiped but I’m not missing out on a dinner like this. The good news is they all woke up and ate a big breakfast, so I’ve taken myself out of the dog house. I think I should also get myself a plaque that says pick and choose your battles. Because the battle over grilled lemon chicken was a big one- and definitely a recipe I think is worth choosing if you’re in the mood!
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Add chicken and remaining ingredients to large resealable plastic bag. Coat to marinate. Refrigerate for at least one hour or up to 6 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Grill chicken on one side for 6-8 minutes [time varies depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts], turning once, and grilling for an additional 6-8 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Serve alongside your favorite vegetables and starch, or use the chicken as a topper for a salad.